Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back hoes and backyards

Hey 2 days in a row..some kind of record perhaps. I made a date with myself to write tonight and kept it.

Monster Daddy rented a back hoe and dug up more than half of the back yard today to make an area for the swing set to be put up. I think he enjoyed driving the thing a bit too much as he took all day long and now my yard resembles a big pile of dirt. He also plowed the whole side yard and informed me that he intends to put gravel there instead of the grass that was there. What the man has against grass I do not know but oldest monster child and myself are less than thrilled with this. I think he is on a quest to have as little to mow as possible..the man would pave the whole yard if we allowed him to.

So today was spent with the twinado on the deck playing with playdoh until it got too hot out and the clay was drying out. Then it was sandbox time....so several sweaty hours, a long bath that did not remove all the sand from their hair and nearly falling asleep at the table they were tucked into bed to recharge for tomorrow.
Tomorrow is landscape timber and mulch day.
Hold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment